7.12.2011

worthy.

After deciding upon the following memory verse for our d-group, I have been drawn to the word worthy ...turns out the scriptures are saturated with verses on being worthy. take a look -

D-Group memory verse:

I, therefore, a prisoner of the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace (Ephesians 4:1-3)


And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me (Matthew 10:38)


That you may welcome her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints, and help her in whatever she may need from you, for she has been a patron of many and myself as well (Romans 16:2)


Only let you manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ (Philippians 1:27)


So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God (Colossians 1:10)


We exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you to walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls him into his own kingdom and glory (1 Thessalonians 2:12)


To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of the calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power (2 Thessalonians 1:11)


You will do well to send them on their journey in a manner worthy of God (3 John 6)


Yet you still have a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy (Revelation 3:4)



I want to live a life worthy of the calling.
But I have a sin nature.
So I praise all the more that I also have the blood of Jesus.
By his cross, I am made worthy.



Thank you Jesus.